Churches are an essential part of overcoming social injustice and stand at the heart of the movement to defend life from conception to natural death.
As such, we would like to see all our parishes represented at the Roe Memorial Mass and North Texas March for Life Events on January 13 and 14, 2017. Below is a list of ideas churches can do in conjunction with or in addition to attending the Roe Memorial.
Please take these ideas to your Pastor and make them happen in your church:
1) Make an announcement (bilingual sample available here) and post or pass out flyers about the local events – allow your Parish Pro-Life Coordinator or other person at the church to make an announcement after Mass in the weeks before the January events.
2) Host a “Respect Life Education Night’ where a guest speaker updates church members on the status of Roe v. Wade and what the future holds. Contact for additional information about available speakers.
3) Include a Respect Life Petition at every Mass – as it says in the U.S. Bishops' Pastoral Plan for Pro-Life Activities, “parishes should include in the petitions at every Mass a prayer that ours will become a nation that respects and protects all human life, born and unborn, reflecting a true culture of life." Special edition of Word of Life petitions available here.
4) Host an all-night vigil following the Roe Memorial Mass on Friday, January 13 in solidarity with the all-night vigil held every year after the national Mass for Life in Washington D.C.
6) Designate January 22 as a day of penance as indicated in the Roman Missal. Please observe this day in your church in a manner consistent with the solemnity of the cause.
7) Arrange for a bus or other transportation – to bring the people from your church community to downtown Dallas on Saturday, January 14th.
For questions or more information, please call Susan Platt at 214-392-7545 or email .