Mary Smith Scholarship
Mary Smith was passionately Pro-Life, and she LOVED Pro-Life Boot Camp. Mary truly had a servant’s heart which she used to bless our ministry for over 10 years. She helped to plan camp, prepared service project materials, served as a volunteer wherever needed, and even created handmade items for every camper in 2017 and 2018. Whatever she was asked to help with, she always answered with a resounding “YES!” In November of 2018, Mary succumbed to illness and Boot Camp lost its #1 fan.
In memory of Mary Smith, we have created this scholarship so that a new generation of Pro-Life servant leaders can share in her passion.
We do have limited scholarship funds available for our July High School Overnight Camp. We do ask that you pay what you are able so that we can provide scholarship assistance to as many as possible. Please prayerfully consider what you truly need when filling out your application.
Scholarships are provided on a first come, first serve basis.
We do not have any scholarships for our Middle School Camp at this time.
As a condition of receiving the scholarship, all recipients must do Pro-Life service hours before camp.
- The number of hours required will depend on the amount of scholarship funds you are awarded and will be discussed with you.
- Service may include any of the following (any other Pro-Life service must be cleared with Maddie Brown before being complete in order to count)
- An hour of adoration offered for the end of abortion
- Writing letters to National, State, & Local representative thanking them for voting Pro-Life and/or encouraging them to vote Pro-Life in the future, as appropriate. (Yes! They represent you even if you are not yet 18.)
- Volunteering at a pregnancy resource center. (Please contact the organization to arrange service.)
- Collecting donations for moms in need (diapers, wipes, baby clothes) Clothes can be new or gently used. You may bring your donations with you to Boot Camp. Reach out to family, friends, & other contacts to find donations.
- Volunteer to help set up for Pro-Life Boot Camp Jr (Evening of June 11th at St. Marks in Plano)
- Volunteer to help with Pro-Life Boot Camp Jr. (June 12-16th at St. Marks in Plano) You do NOT have to volunteer the entire week.
- Volunteer with Pre-Boot Camp or Pre-Boot Camp Jr tasks at the CPLC Office. (Contact Maddie to set up)
- Fill Out the Application Below
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Recommendation letter from a family member (18 or older) including examples of how applicant serves others.
- Recommendation letter from a non-family member (18 or older) sharing why the applicant would be a good role model for younger students.
- *Please collect these before applying and upload them with your application