WHAT SHOULD I KNOW?
Dobbs v Jackson Women’s Health
- On December 1, the Supreme Court heard the case from Mississippi that challenges a state law prohibiting abortions of unborn babies after 15 weeks of pregnancy.
- The question they will be deciding is whether all pre-viability prohibitions on elective abortions are unconstitutional.
- The ruling is expected to be made in May/June.
- The draft opinion written by Justice Alito was leaked to the press. In it, he wrote that “We hold that Roe and Casey must be overruled. The Constitution makes no reference to abortion, and no such right is implicitly protected by any constitutional provision.” We pray that this opinion is the one the Court will issue.
- You can join a national ecumenical prayer campaign- On Our Knees – Monday nights 7:30pm Central for 15 minutes. Call in 833/380-0736 to pray for the Supreme Court Justices and for Roe to be overturned.
- More information can be found at www.dobbscase.com The website also has a prayer guide. Praying every Monday until the decision is announced.
Chemical Abortion Safety Protocols.
- Safety protocols were passed by the Texas Legislature in anticipation of the Biden administration removing FDA safety regulations.
Drug induced abortions result in 4 times more complications for women than surgical abortions. (Study by ACOG – American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists). Risks include hemorrhaging, incomplete abortion, infection.
- Patient has to be seen and assessed in person by doctor.
- No more than 7 weeks along in her pregnancy.
- No mail order abortions
Texas Heartbeat Bill – SB 8
- Went into effect on September 1, 2021. We are about to celebrate the end of nine months of lives being saved.
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission estimates at least 90 babies saved from abortion each day. Over 24,570 babies saved since the bill became law.
- Pro-abortion advocates have exhausted their legal challenges against the bill.
Human Life Protection Act
Texas enacted a complete ban on abortion beginning at fertilization that coordinates with the Supreme Court and goes into effect when and to the extent that the Court overturns Roe.
Texas Funding for Abortion Alternative organizations
- $100m over 2 years to help moms and babies
- Women need help. Eighty-five percent of women surveyed said that if they had one person to help, they never would have gone through with their abortion.
Biden Administration trying to push Women’s Health Protection Act through Congress.
- This legislation would permit abortion on demand nationwide, invalidating state laws. It has passed the House but has been defeated twice in the Senate.
Taxpayer Dollars to Support Abortion
- At the beginning of February 2022, Biden called for $2million of Title X grant funding to be given to Planned Parenthood. He also called abortion access “essential healthcare” and is setting up this task force to “eliminate barriers” to abortion across government agencies.
President Biden, on the anniversary of Roe v Wade on January 22, 2022, established a new task force on “Reproductive Healthcare Access” and gave $1.4 million to abortion businesses in Texas.